Hey so guess what, it’s August! The month of summer, my birthday and of course reading many books. Since I am going on vacation in a couple of days, my blog will be really slow and I won’t be able to upload much. But I do have time to read a lot of books. I’ve been saving some books to read on my vacation. I will be bringing 8 books, which isn’t too much for three weeks I think, but three of them are 600+ pages. I will also bring some audio books and ebooks if I find the time to read them.
First, what I read last month. I had a really good reading month. Since I have summer break I had lots and lots of time to read 9 books! And I am four books ahead on my goodreads reading challenge!
The books I read in July were:
- Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll ★★★
- Fans of The Impossible Life by Kate Scelsa ★★★
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater ★★★★ (review)
- The Fire Sermon by Francesca Haig ★★★★ (review)
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins ★★★ (review)
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart ★★★ (review)
- I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore ★★★★ (letter to John coming up)
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson ★★★★ (letter to Lia)
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before ★★★★ (letter to Lara Jean)
This month has been a great month for me, I started my blog and started writing reviews. After a few reviews I had another idea which lead to writing letters to the main characters of the books, so I will continue doing that. I am currently writing the fourth letter and I’m having fun! Hope you do to 🙂
Another thing that happened this month is my discovery of audiobooks and that there are many available on youtube. So I started doing that, and I love it! What do you think of audiobooks?
My TBR for August will include these books (and audiobooks):
- Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau
- Legend by Marie Lu
- The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolaño
- That Eye, the Sky by Tim Winton
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
- Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer (I started the audiobook today)
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (but that is a little cheating because I am already at ¾ of the book)
I will probably read more books but this is what I have planned and have at home. I also plan to read Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen for the Austentations Book Club by Zoë from readbyzoe, and I hope to grab a copy of the book tomorrow so I can listen to the audiobook and read it at the same time.
What are you going to read next month and what are your favourites from last month?