I told you this was going to be a special one! But anyway, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly returning post and is hosted by the broke and the bookish. This weeks theme is audio freebie, this means I can do whatever I want related to audio. So audio books, music, podcasts etc. I’ve decided to give it something special, because I will combine books with music. Songs that fit perfectly with a book, so songs that are about the same thing, remind me of relationships in the book, or something in the story or characters.
(I’ve been preparing this for quite a long time because finding matching songs is really hard)
1 and 2. Passenger (Alexandra Bracken) and Sun by Two Door Cinema Club, and Black Water by Of Monsters And Men
I think this song represents Nicholas’ feelings for Etta really well. And it’s also about the sea and travelling.
Black Water really represents him and his internal fight with himself and the family (and again it’s about travelling the seas).
3. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Benjamin Alire Sáenz) and Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
I can already imagine Ari and Dante laying in the back of the truck listening to this song and just watching the stars.
4. Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Claudia Gray) and San Francisco by the Mowlgi’s
Marguerite and Paul! Fate, love and San Francisco! This song is about it all.
5. Glass Sword (Victoria Aveyard) and Some Nights by Fun
Mare and her internal battle between good and bad, the revolution, being haunted by death and wanting to give up. I think this song is about it all. I feel like literally every sentence is somehow related to the book.
6. Winter (Marissa Meyer) and Open Season by High Highs
This song is about Winter and her mental illness, her troubles in finding out what is real and what is not.
7. Shiver, Linger and Forever (Maggie Stiefvater) and Wolves without Teeth by Of Monsters And Men
I know this is again Of Monsters And Men but they’re just awesome okay haha. Anyway this song is all about Sam and Grace, their relationship and the wolves of course. The chorus is basically Grace’s first encounter with the wolves when she was young.
8. Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegiant (Veronica Roth) and Fears by Twin Wild
I think this one is kinda obvious.
9. It’s Kind Of A Funny Story (Ned Vizzini) and Fix You by Coldplay
This is Craig’s depression speaking trying to figure out how to live your life.
10. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before (Jenny Han) and Photograph by Ed Sheeran
This song is not about Lara Jean and her relationship with Peter or her crush on Josh. It’s about her and Margot and being apart from each other and how it changes their relationship.
YAY I am at the end! Finally! Not that I hated doing this but wordpress is being super annoying with all these youtube videos. I hope you liked it! Maybe I’ll do this again in the future.
Do you have a song that reminds you of a book?