I’m a sobbing mess when I’m writing this. I need about three tissues per paragraph I write and can’t read a single page without coughing or having to hold back my tears. It is horrible. Having a cold has never been more annoying.
What I read in October
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo ★★★★ — Great start of the trilogy! I am eager to read more of the Grisha Trilogy.
- A Mortal Song by Megan Crewe ★★★★ — Awesome story about Kami, ghosts and a girl who grew up thinking she was something, and then it turns out she wasn’t.
- The Light Fantastic by Sarah Combs ★★★★ — Slightly scary and disturbing, will keep you at the edge of your seat the entire time.
- Holding up the Universe by Jennifer Niven ★★★★★ — AHHH the cuteness!
- The Last One by Alexandra Oliva ★★★ — Intriguing but a bit slow
- Timekeeper by Tara Sim ★★★★ — Clock spirits, Victorian England and a gay main character!
- The Reader by M.K. Harkins ★★☆ — Okay book with a lot of pet peeves.
- Hold Back The Stars by Katie Khan ★★★★ — Lovely book about two people with 90 minutes of air left. Keep your eyes out for this release!
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen ★★★☆ — Semi-spooky with great characters.
- Someone Else’s Summer by Rachel Bateman ★★★☆ — Simply a great summer book.
- Frenched by Melanie ★★ — Sex. There’s just nothing more to say. (Review up soon)
- Zenn Diagram by Wendy Brant (I have not yet finished this book, but since there is one more day left in October I am determined to finish it tomorrow)
I have a total of 12 books of which 8 ARCs, this has been a crazy month. I first started reading ARCs and I love it! I also started reading a lot.
Next month I will be starting with buddy reading, and I will finally read some of the books that are waiting for me on my shelves.
- Infinity by Jus Accardo (ARC from Netgalley)
- The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahdier (Buddy read together with Megan and Jasmine)
- Emma by Jane Austen (Buddy read together with Tanya and Debbie)
- Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (Buddy read together with Eve and Lucy)
I will probably also read some of the following books:
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
I look forward to next month! What is your favourite book of the month? Have you read a lot?