Hello world, who’s excited for Short Story Society? I am 😀
This post will mainly consist of repetition of previous posts, but if you want to join make sure to fill in the form at the bottom of this post! I need to know some contact info.
I am going to gather a group of writers to share short stories with. Not just random short stories, but we will write a story a week each with a specific theme. We will also have a platform to talk to each other, share ideas and tips.
- You should write the story yourself (no plagiarism!)
- Write the story within the given time
- If you don’t have time to write, it’s of course no problem to skip a week. This is a pressure free zone!
- The story should be longer than a thousand words (but no novels please!)
- Keep the theme in mind, try to find a way to incorporate it in your story.
- Be nice to each other! Comment on each other’s stories, and help each other out when they have a problem.
- Destructive criticism is forbidden. There is nothing worse than having something you worked really hard on be completely crushed by someone else. If I see anyone do this, there will be consequences.
First of all, the project starts on December first, this is the date on which I post the first theme. For the rest of the month the schedule will look like this:
|Start to work on story 1||01/12|
|Deadline story 1||07/12|
|Start to work on story 2||08/12|
|Deadline story 2||14/12|
|Start to work on story 3||15/12|
|Deadline story 3||21/12|
|Start to work on story 4||22/12|
|Deadline story 4||28/12|
|Start to work on story 5||29/01|
|Deadline story 5||04/01|
If this turns out to be too tight, we can of course loosen it up a little.
These “Start to work on …” dates mean that I will post the theme of the week on that day, so please don’t start working in advance. Furthermore, these deadlines mean that on that day you should (or should have, earlier is okay) posted your story. This can be on your own blog, but if you don’t like that, you can of course post it somewhere else and send us the link. You can for example upload it to dropbox and share the link.
On Fridays, so on 02/12, 09/12, 16/12, 23/12 and on 30/01, we will have a twitter brainstorm session. If you don’t have twitter it would be nice to make one, but if you don’t want to, there’s no pressure! During the twitter brainstorm session we will discuss ideas and try to get inspired. The sessions will be held at 19:00 my time so 6pm UTC.
One week beforehand on Friday (25/11) there will be a get-to-know-each-other chat, at the same time as the regular chats. Tag along with #shortstorysociety! My twitter is Lost_In_A_Story
How to participate?
I’ve got quite some applications already, the group is growing 🙂
But because I need some more info, if you want to participate you need to fill in this form. Nothing special I just need your twitter handle and things like that.
If you filled it in, but change your mind, you can always back down (I won’t be mad, I promise).
Note: I will not be sharing prompts or themes in advance! I will post them on the day you can start writing.
That’s it! Next week I’ll post something about writing tips and how I write.