2017 is almost here and I will be participating in three challenges next year, so I’ll just give you an update on what I’ll be participating in and stuff like that.
As you might have noticed from the button in my sidebar, I’ll be participating in the Winter 2017 Comment Challenge by FLYLēF and A Kernel of Nonsense. Details of the challenge are here. It works like this, you get matched with a blog every month of this winter (January, February, March) and you can decide to do either 5+ comments, or 10+ comments on their blog. So, for the first month (January) you can sign up before the 26th, you get matched and during January you will comment on each other’s blog at least 5 times. Isn’t that an awesome way to get to know more bloggers?
I have never participated before, but it seems like a lot of fun! I will be commenting 10+ times, and I don’t know who my partner is. For some reason I should mention that. Well. Okay.
Beat The Back-List Challenge
This challenge is organized by Novelknight and runs all though 2017. I have explained here what the challenge is. But in short, what it is: you make a TBR of all the books you wanted to read, but never got the chance to do so, and you read them! Simple, right? My TBR started off with 25 books on them, but now has only 23 (because I’m an idiot and forgot that I saved those books for this challenge). Also, if you participate you can also participate in challenges with your house (which is Gryffindor, which is because I am way too Hufflepuff. I’m weird. Full story on link above). I have no idea how those challenges are supposed to work but it sounds like fun!
Okay so now the books! My TBR now looks like this:
- Shadow Web by N.M. Browne
- Pigeon English by Stephen Kelman
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
- Dangerous by Shannon Hale
- A Boy Called M.O.U.S.E. by Penny Dolan
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
- An Ember in The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
- P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
- A Million Worlds with You by Claudia Gray
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by John Tiffany
- A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking
It will probably change a lot during the year but these are the ones I want to read. The list is also on my goodreads.
The Goodreads Challenge
Since this year I’ve been able to surpass my goal quite easily, I’ll be making it somewhat harder next year. So far I’ve read 86 books and my goal was 65 and I’m trying to get to 90 this week (it’ll be hard though). So for next year my goal will be 100. That is a huge challenge already, but I’ll try! That’s like two books per week, and a little over 8 books per month.
What challenges are you participating in?