I love aesthetics and in the past few years (okay throughout my entire high school career and university) I have spent a probably too large amount of time on weheartit. This is a website on which you can “heart” images and save them in collections etc. There’s a lot of stupid pictures on there, but it’s so much fun to collect them and make aesthetically pleasing collages with them. Therefore this award was very easy for me (I’m a pro at wasting time haha).
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favorite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
- Share these rules (and maybe the below tips, if you’re feeling helpful).
I don’t really need the tips but they are here anyway:
- Find inspiration by spending (minimum) three hours scrolling through aesthetic Tumblr posts relevant to you.
- Two great places to hunt for pictures are Pinterest and WeHeartIt. Pinterest requires an account; WeHeartIt does not.
- PicMonkey’s collage editor is free to use and doesn’t require an account, heck yes. YouTube has plenty of tutorials on how to use it; I watched this one (which begins with tips on how to find decent photos).
So some explanation starting from the top right:
- This doesn’t need much explaining. I love books. I adore them and I love browsing bookstores and libraries.
- Why do people always underestimate short people?
- I spend quite a large amount of time on trains.
- I LOVE looking at the stars.
- I weirdly relate to this girl because I do that too a lot, the hair smelling thing.
- I just realised this is almost the same quote as before. Oh well.
- Sometimes you just need to breathe, I could use some more air sometimes.
- This picture is just amazing. I love it.
- I am a relatively shy and introverted person, and sometimes there is this very extroverted giggly funny person inside of me that comes out when I’m comfy and happy.
- Cycling is by far the best way to travel short distances. Except when it rains.
- Again, stars!
- I love writing.
- The sound of crashing waves = the best sound ever.
- Wolves are my favourite animals ever since I read The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater.
- Space art! This just makes me happy.
- I have survived a lot. And also I really like mountains. This country is so flat! No mountains!
I’m not nominating anyone but I am gonna say “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.” I love this tag, but I can see that it can cost a little bit (or a lot) of time so I won’t pressure anyone, therefore, if you want to, go do it! I would love to see your life in aesthetically pleasing pictures 🙂