The end of June is approaching really fast, which means three things: 1) it’s almost summer break for me!!! Only one more exam and I’m done! 2) Camp NaNoWriMo is around the corner 3) My blog will turn 1 soon! Yay! My blog’s first birthday 🙂 I promise to make this month special (I got big plans, including a blog makeover and giveaway).
What I read in June
I read a total of eleven books! I read four ARCs (Starfish, The Thieves of Nottica, Something Beautiful and City of Strife) and I am currently reading two others. I read quite a few books that have been at the back of my tbr, including the final two books of The Raven Cycle, the Lara Jean trilogy and the Lorien Legacies. I also read Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater, which is the companion of the Wolves of Mercy Falls and I have been dying to read since forever.
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater (#3) ★★★★- SO GOOD. I love this series.
- The Raven King by Maggie Stievater (#4) ★★★★☆ – This was a perfect conclusion to a perfect series. The only thing I didn’t really like was how a character was suddenly introduced near the end of the series. I didn’t like him very much.
- P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (#2) ★★★★☆ – I loved it, I loved the Covey girls and the other characters (well, except Chris, Stormy and Genevieve), but Kitty is seriously the best! She’s so funny and sassy. And I love the development Lara Jean is undergoing, she’s growing up and I love seeing that happen.
- The Fate of Ten by Pittacus Lore (#6) ★★★★ – The ending broke me *cries* I still can’t believe that happened. This series is very long but so good!
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han (#3) ★★★★☆ – I love the story and though it was quite predictable, I loved every single minute I spend reading it. I would definitely 100% recommend this series if you like contemporary love stories about family and growing up. Also, Jenny Han, I need more. I need the Lara Jean goes to college stories. I NEED IT.
- United as One by Pittacus Lore (#7) ★★★★☆ – This book is a perfect conclusion, it was even more action-packed than the previous ones and I really enjoyed it. At some moments I just couldn’t put it down. I loved John in this book, I mean, I probably wasn’t supposed to, but I loved this “I don’t care if I live or die, let’s kill some mogs” attitude. It was just awesome.
- Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman ★★★★★ – I ADORED THIS BOOK. The main character was so relatable and it was just amazing. I was so happy to have won an ARC of this book! Review will be up soon (ish?).
- The Thieves of Nottica by Ash Gray ★★★★☆ – This book surprised me in many ways and I loved the characters, I loved the world, I loved the diversity. Review here! (if you want to win an ecopy, the giveaway is still open!)
- Something Beautiful by Amanda Gernentz Hanson ★★★★ – I won this book and started reading this because I was curious and wanted to get a gist of what it was about. Then I accidentally ended up reading the whole book *grins awkwardly* It was really good and a review will be up soon!
- City of Strife by Claudie Arseneault ★★★☆ – It was a little hard to get into because there were so many characters to follow. It was really good though! I’m currently reading the second book and will post a combined review of the both of them in a few weeks or so.
- Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater ★★★★ – The Wolves of Mercy Falls series was my absolute favourite series in my teenage years. I read it over and over and loved it so much. And yes, it’s a bit cheesy, but I love it. The only thing that could have made this little reunion with this series would be more Sam and Grace, because I need more Sam and Grace ❤
Look at all those stars though! So many great books 😀
A quick look at my tbr
I decided to introduce a new section in my wrap-ups which is to take a look at what’s on my tbr and what I added this month. I just introduced a few new shelves on my goodreads and I love shelving books 🙂 I added a diversity shelf to show off some of my favourite diverse books and also an anticipating releases shelf to keep track of books I want to read in the future but aren’t out yet. It really helps me to declutter my tbr.
What I added to my tbr (and haven’t read yet):
I was already planning to read The Butterfly On Fire because I got an ARC but I never added it to my tbr (oops). Chasing Eveline I won in a giveaway. A Million Junes sounds like a wonderful and magical book about family and the cover is to die for. Truth or Dare I added because it has asexual-aromantic representation and you guys know how much I want to read about ace characters! Symptoms of Being Human I only very recently after finding out it’s about a person with fluid sexuality and I am so in for that (I don’t like the cover but still…). I’m planning on reading at least Chasing Eveline and The Butterfly on Fire this month, and probably not the others since I don’t have a copy of them, and I’m trying to not buy more books.
My TBR is currently at 33 books which is 4 books less than last month 😀