I only just found out about the #TackleTBR readathon but I decided to participate, so here is my sign-up post! The readathon starts tomorrow (11 September) and ends on the 24th, so it’s two weeks long. Meaning, plenty of time to catch up on some of those books on my tbr! You can find more information about the readathon here!
What I plan on reading:
- A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab – I have been reading this for a week now and I honestly don’t know why it’s taking me so long. I’m around page 300 and I think I can get to 350 by the end of today, so my goal is to read the final three-hundred-something pages for the readathon. – Pages: 316 (estimated)
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott – I have been taking a long break from this book and it needs to come to an end. Time to finish this. Pages: 225 (left)
- Karina’s Silver Shoes by Denise Marques Leitao – This is an ARC and it comes out on the 18th so I better get onto it soon! – Pages: ??? (let’s guesstimate this at 300 pages)
- Things I’m Seeing Without You by Peter Bognanni – Another ARC, this one comes out in the beginning of October. Pages: 336
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James – I only just got this book but some people (aka the #cronebloggers gang) won’t stop talking about it, meaning, I must read it asap. Pages: 290
Meaning a total of about 1467 pages which is a little over 100 pages a day. This sounds very doable! If I have more time left I’m going to try to fit in another book but we’ll see!
It’s been a while since I last wrote and shared poetry, so when I got inspired again, I decided to go for it. If you’d like to check out some of my other poetry (it isn’t much), read this post!
Is this how a world dies?
Not by the hand of magic or monsters,
But by one bad action laid upon another
Until the pile falls
And claws through us all?
– is it?
This poem was inspired by a line in A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab.
With feet of glass
I tip-toed through life
Afraid of every twist and turn
What if I break?
What if I shatter?
What if I splinter in three million pieces
Never to be whole again?
–maybe i forgot glass can be stronger than steel
We’re all shadows
Of what we once were
Still shining bright
Like a star that died
But still sparkles
On the horizon
I swear, this blog post is all over the place but I have one final thing I wanted to say. I just reached 1000 followers on here and I just wanted to do a quick THANK YOU for all of you! I hope to do a celebratory post later next week, but we’ll see!
Have you written any poetry lately? Are you participating in the #TackleTBR readathon?