September flew by, it feels like August was only a few days ago but at the same time it feels like school has started forever ago… September was an odd reading month for me. Some books took me forever to get through and some I read so quickly! I took part in the #TackleTBR readathon in which I read a lot and which was a lot of fun!
Overall I read 9 books in September, which is a lot but not as much as I normally read in a month. Over the past months, I have read at least 11 books per month (if I remember correctly), but that’s okay. I do wish I had been able to finish one more book this month because then I would have completed my goodreads challenge of 100 books!
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab ★★★★★ I absolutely loved this book. I loved the first book in the series but I just loved this one even more! I loved the Games and I loved that Lila got a bigger role and it was just perfection.
- A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking (no star rating) THIS BOOK TOOK ME F O R E V E R to get through, I started this in January or February? I don’t even remember that’s how long it took me.
- Good Angel by A.M. Blaushild ★★★☆I liked this book but I didn’t love it. review here.
- A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab ★★★★★ This book was again amazing, it did take me a very long time to get through though since it was that big!
- Karina’s Silver Shoes by Denise Marques Leitao ★★ This book was a bit of a mess, it was quite confusing and I didn’t really like the characters. review here.
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James ★★★★ This was such a surprise, it’s like part contemporary set in space and part thriller and it was so well-written. I loved it!
- 27 Hours by Tristina Wright ★★★★ There is a lot of controversy around this book but I did really like it and I think it is a great start for a series. review here.
- Things I’m Seeing Without You by Peter Bognanni ★★★☆ I liked this book… but something about it just wasn’t quite right for me. review will be up soon.
- How Hard Can Love be? by Holly Bourne ★★★★☆ I read Am I Normal Yet? Last month and I absolutely loved it so I had to pick up the second book in the series as well and again, I loved it. Holly Bourne really has the potential to become one of my new favourite authors.
Dream Rep Bingo Update #1
I’ve only read 4 books since I started the Dream Rep Bingo but I’ve crossed out 2 books on my card:
A Quick Look at my TBR
Since I haven’t read that much this month, I haven’t made much progress on my TBR. This month I added to my TBR (but haven’t read yet):
I actually own all of these books now (most of them in ebook form) so yay! The current state of my TBR is 31 books, which is 2 books more than in August.
In October, I’m going to take part in Inktober, which means you make an ink drawing every day of October. Info here! Are you also participating?