Because I decided yesterday morning, to change my entire NaNoWriMo plan around, I’m a little later with my wrap-up than I wanted to be. My October was really good, I read a lot of great books which I rated 4-5 stars and only one I didn’t like!
- Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody – ★★★★ This book was magical, had amazing worldbuilding, great characters and a lot of mystery! I loved the plot twists! And there was a lot of LGBT+ diversity, with one ace-spec character, a bi character, a lesbian character and probably more but I can’t recall.
- Moxie by Jennifer Matthieu – ★★★★ Moxie is a feminist story, it’s really empowering and is sooo relevant for this age. It was feminist, inspirational, enjoyable and at times funny! I definitely recommend it!
- What’s A Girl Gotta Do? by Holly Bourne – ★★★★★ Another amazing feminist book. It’s by an author that I’ve started to consider to be one of my favourites. Holly Bourne writes books that are so realistic, funny and inspirational. I love them to pieces.
- This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada ★★★★★ This is a refreshing new dystopia/sci-fi/post-apocalyptic story that grabbed me from the start until the very end, and left me gasping with the many twists and turns. (review here)
- Our Dark Duet by V.E. Schwab ★★★★★ I’M STILL IN DENIAL THIS DIDN’T HAPPEN. A M A Z I N G, as usual.
- Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbree ★★★★.5 This book was so relatable for me, the way it dealt with asexuality was really good! It did have some aromisic comments though, so… yeah. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I really like all the characters!
- Achilles by Greg Boose ★★ This book was just not as good as I’d hoped. The characters were shallow, the story too chaotic and it just didn’t grab me. (review here)
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin ★★★★.5 I had the brilliant idea to start this book while I was in Berlin, because it is about WWII and takes partly place in Berlin. The concept was so original and I loved it! I had never thought a book about motor racing in a historic setting would be a thing I’d like, but I was so wrong!
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo ★★★★.5 I buddy-read this with the lovely Amy-Louise and Luna (who are both amazing so go check out their blogs) and we all enjoyed the book so much! Review up soon!
What I added to my tbr:
A few of these are eARCs I’ve received (All the Ways to Here by Emily O’Beirne, Weave A Circle Round by Kari Maaren and Nothing but Sky by Amy Trueblood) and the rest are recent additions! I’ve finally gotten a copy of The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, so I’m excited for that one! The Nowhere Girls by Amy Reed and The Wicker King by K. Ancrum sound really good as well!