This time last year, I made a list of goals and I just remembered I did that so now we’re going to look back at these goals and see if I actually accomplished them! I did the This Time Next Year Tag and I’ll look back at that! I will also make new goals for 2018.
- Eat less meat. Kinda, I think? I eat less meat but not really consciously. I eat vegetarian about 2 times a week, which is less than last year, but my parents are really meat-eaters so it’s difficult to get them to give up eating meat.
- Get more organized. Hah, nope.
- Get my driver’s license. YES! I did that and I’m so proud of myself!
- Get high grades. Kinda? My grades are still pretty good (only 7s and 8s so that’s good)
- Blog less but have more interesting content. Yes, this I definitely did! I reduced my blogging to three times a week and make sure to write interesting posts! I want them to be well-written and
- Keep writing. Definitely, yes! I just finished my first ever complete novel, well, at least the first draft is finished (but now onto edits). I’ve also written 40k of another project and 25k of another, but I never finished those. Woah this means I wrote over 125k this year!
- Draw more. I’ve actually been drawing more these past weeks, but not that much in the first half of 2017. I’ve taken part in Inktober (and failed) but I’ve set up my own redbubble store and society6 store to sell my designs and I’m working on a little project for 2018 for which I’ll make an etsy store soon.
- Not quit photography. Oops? I’m not really active with photography anymore. I still like doing it on vacations and trips and take pictures but I’ve even majorly failed at keeping up my bookstagram. I haven’t gone out and taken pictures in forever.
- Read a lot! Definitely, yes! I read 125 books in 2017!
This Time Next Year Tag: Looking Back
Last year, Sarah tagged me for this tag, which I did on December 31rd, 2016, so now it’s time to look back at my expectations!
This time next year… I will have participated in NaNoWriMo, and not given up
Yes! I did Camp NaNoWriMo twice and won once (the other I lost because I was going on vacation and didn’t have my laptop), and I participated in NaNoWriMo and won! It seems NaNoWriMo is really helping me with keeping up with writing!
This time next year… I’ll be finishing up my Bachelor End Project, and hopefully I will graduate with honors
I’m actually graduating in February probably and if I manage to get an 8 on my final project (which I think I can do), I’ll be graduating with honors!
This time next year… I’ll be more organized in my blogging, writing, school and basically everything
Hah, nope. I wanted to use a planner but that didn’t work out. I think I’m just not really a planner kind of person. I just keep forgetting. I actually have a planner in my school bag at all times and I haven’t even got it out in months. Oops.
- Finish a first draft + round of edits. I think 2018 is finally going to be the year I manage to finish a book.
- Open an Etsy store. This will hopefully open in January or February!
- Get my Bachelor’s degree.
- Start my Master’s programme. I am so excited!
- Go to New York. Okay, that’s not technically a goal but I couldn’t not mention it, could I? My parents and siblings and I are going to New York in June and I couldn’t be more hyped!
- Either or all of these: get a job/internship, travel alone, do a lot of online courses. I have half a year off between my Bachelor and Master and I don’t know what I’m going to do yet, but I want it to be fun and educational!
- Read 75 books. I’ve read 50 books more this year but I have a feeling I won’t be able to keep that up. I don’t want to pressure myself into reading loads so I’m going to try and take it a bit slower.
- Stay creative!