April was going to be the month that I wrote a lot and then… I didn’t. You could call it Camp NaNOWriMo instead (sorry for the awful pun but I couldn’t help myself). My initial goal was 50k but I realized after only a few days I was never going to make it so I lowerd it to 30k. And then I ended up writing about 3 thousand words in total oops.
However, it wasn’t a completely useless month because I did do a lot of art, which I absolutely loved doing (I tweet about it a lot here and instagram about it here and here). And I read a lot too! Since I’m leaving this Sunday and I’m writing this in advance, I am not sure if there’s another book that should be added but I already have a lot.
I have read 11 books in April of which 2 were non-fiction books I will skip in this wrap-up because I don’t think you’d be interested.
- Someday, Somewhere by Lindsay Champion 4 stars – I adored this book! It was so much fun and really engaging. It reminded me a lot of The Sun is Also A Star. (review)
- The Gentlemen’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee 5 stars – I loved this so much! It was definitely worth all the hype. I thought it was very funny and I absolutely adored Felicity. I related to so much to her and I can’t wait for her own book to come out! I will most definitely cry.
- The Apocalypse of Elena Mendoza by Shaun David Hutchinson 4/4.5 stars – Again, Shaun David Hutchinson has managed to surprise me with one of his crazy ideas. I really enjoyed Elena and her story and the f/f ship was awesome and I just loved it! (review)
- Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli 5 stars – I listened to this on audiobook, and it’s a reread. I’ve been wanting to reread this since Leah on the Offbeat just came out! I can’t wait to get my copy of Leah on the Offbeat! Also, Simon Vs. was amazing! I laughed and cried and it’s so good!
- Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake 5 stars – This was such a good story! It’s about a girl who finds out her twin brother has allegedly raped someone and now she has to deal with the aftermath and trying to figure out who to trust and how. It was emotional and amazing!
- Bubblegum by Sari Taurez 3.5 stars – This was a fun book, that was a little confusing to me as well. There were a lot of things I liked but something just didn’t quite work for me. (review)
- Not Your Sidekick by C.B. Lee 4.5 stars – I had so much fun reading this book! It’s quite predictable but so much fun! It’s diverse and cute and I adored the characters. (review up now/soon?)
- Not Your Villain by C.B. Lee 4 stars – This is the second book in the Sidekick Squad series and I immediately started this book after finishing Not Your Sidekick and also loved it!
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir – I have a lot of mixed opinions on this book and I’m not sure what my final opinion is so I’m putting off rating for now.
Looking back at all that I read, I have had such a good reading month! So many high ratings! I read a lot of these on Scribt which is an amazing audiobook/ebook service that’s about the same price as audible but allows you to read unlimited books.
I do not know how I managed it but I have not added a single book to my tbr in April…?? So I’m skipping the “what I added to my tbr” part of the wrap-up.