Happy King’s Day from the Netherlands! This means a) lots of flea markets = cheap book hunting, b) a day off, c) music & activities everywhere and d) it’s the king’s birthday (which is obviously the least important thing in this list haha).
Joce from Write Through the Night is organizing the first ever book blogger awards and that’s such an amazing initiative! If you want to read more about these awards, go click on the link to her blog. Without any further ado, here are my nominations!
GENRE MOST BLOGGED ABOUT:
- Young Adult – Anike and Zoë from Twin Tales (they are twins, obviously), together they run this wonderful blog with reviews and tags and they’re just really great!
- New Adult / General Adult – This one definitely goes to Zuky from BookBum, she blogs mainly about adult fiction and even though I barely read adult fiction (and therefore usually have no clue which books she is talking about), I feel myself drawn to read all of her posts! Also her weekly Netgalley picks feature is amazing (please someone do that for YA books too, I love it)
- Does a little bit of everything – Jasmine from How Useful It Is reviews not only YA but also children’s picture books and I believe also adult fiction. She’s just such a nice person in this community and has always been one of the bloggers I looked up to from the start.
THE BEST OF BOOK BLOGGING:
- Best book reviews – Krysti from YA and Wine, though I don’t care for wine, I think Krysti’s reviews are always really good! She also rates the cover and the swoon-worthiness of the book which is a huge plus!
- Best bookish discussions – Ashley from Inside My Minds, she writes a lot of bookish discussions and they’re always a joy to read! They’re short and sweet, and usually very thought-provoking!
THE OTHER STUFF:
- Most full of personality – May from Forever and Everly, she is just so full of personality, she’s just a joy to read posts from and talk to! Her blog is so original and always fun to read. Her blog (which is really pretty btw) really represents her personality: sweet and happy.
Mahriya from My Bookish Life is another amazing blogger with a lot of original content, she’s got a great personality and I couldn’t not nominate her for this!
- Best Friend ever – I can’t help but pick two for this topic, which are Debbie from Debbie’s Library and Savannah from The Book Prophet. Debbie has been with me from pretty much the start and she’s the sweetest person! Savannah I met a little later but ever since that first comment we’ve become quite the blogging buddies. I love you both so much, thank you for going with me through this long process that will hopefully not end any time soon!
- Best New Book Blogger (created blog after July 2016) – I’m giving a shout-out here to Jess from Bookends and Endings and to Bex from My Shelf & My Self who are both lovely new bloggers and deserve some love!
- Best Overall Book Blogger – You can’t make me choose! So I choose nobody (which implies that you’re all amazing) 😛
Argh this was hard! Not as hard as I expected it to be! There are probably a lot of bloggers out there that deserved this just as much so I’m sorry if I left you out, it probably was not intentional.
I highly recommend you to send out your nominations soon, because the nomination period ends April 30th, which is only a few days away!
Have a wonderful day!
A long while ago I was nominated for this award, twice I must say, just about two months ago. I was nominated by Trisha from Autumn of 2003 and Allie from WondrousNightRambler, thank you both and everybody go check out their blogs, they’re wonderful!
- Who is your least favourite singer/band? I really dislike a lot of Dutch singers, but I don’t really know who’s my least favourite.
- Who’s your favourite youtuber? John Green (and Hank too)
- Would you call yourself a bookworm? Uhm, yes that just about describes half my life.
- Favourite TV shows? I have a list that will probably go on until infinity and beyond: Supernatural, Once Upon A Time, Grimm, The Flash, Supergirl, Gilmore Girls, Friends, and about 10 or so more but it’s not worth writing all down.
- Why did you start your blog? Short story short, I was a little bored, and I wanted somewhere to get rid of my bookish frustrations and rambles.
- What’s one good thing that’s happened to you today? Today, I finished a book. (Actually yesterday because I’m planning to post this tomorrow, when I’m at a very interesting (I hope) symposium)
- Can you type supercalifragilisticexpialidocious whilst holding your breath? Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Yes I can 🙂 It kinda hard though because I needed to type it with one hand so I could keep myself from breathing from my nose, which made me need to see where my fingers were placed on the keyboard, which then made me have to look up every three letters and check like three times whether I was typing the right letter.
- What is your favorite book? Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (Jonathan Safran Foer)
- What is your least favorite color? I don’t know, I don’t dislike any colour. Maybe bright pink.
- Favorite song at the moment? What an impossible question, I love so many songs at this moment, but let me just choose the one I’m listening to right now, which is Antoine Dufour with Talk. I love listening to acoustic guitar songs with no vocals while working and this one is my favourite work song right now.
- Who is your least favorite celebrity? Trump? But I think it’s a tie between Geert Wilders and Donald Trump right now. (If you don’t know Geert Wilders, he’s a Dutch politician who openly hates the Islam and wants to ban anything that has to do with the religion from our country, including the people).
- If you were transported into any book or movie what would it be? I would love to take a holiday on Luna from the Lunar Chronicles, meet the gang and visit all the beautiful places in Artemisia.
- How is a raven like a writing desk? I have been thinking about this a lot and I think I remember the riddle but not the answer. So frustrating.. They both have legs?
- Do you have a conspiracy theory or theories you believe in completely? Not really.
I’m too lazy to make up questions, so not tagging anyone today. But I’d like to know: What is your least favourite colour? And what’s a good thing that happened to you today?
I was tagged by Hannah from The Book Thief Without Words for the Liebster Award, so thank you, Hannah! I just looked it up and apparently, Liebster means dearest in German which is cute. And also very fitting for today.
I completely forgot to let you all know, I have hit 300 followers! Thank you all! Any ideas for how to celebrate?
(except for buying myself chocolate, because chocolate is the best)
- Favourite Diverse Book?
Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
- Are you a writer? If so what’s your current project?
I am currently preparing for camp NaNoWriMo in April, about which you can find all you want to know on my blog.
- Favourite song atm?
This is impossible to choose! Even my top-20-playlist has well over 20 songs on it, I just can’t decide! Let me just randomly pick one: All Time Low by Jon Bellion. I let Spotify decide but it’s actually one of my favourites at this moment! It’s also a little different from the music I usually listen to but I can’t help but love it.
- Favourite vegetable?
I like a lot of vegetables, carrots maybe?
- What is one trope you love and one trope you hate?
I love it when characters that dislike each other at first become friends (lovers is okay too).
I hate love triangles and especially instalove.
- Least Favourite book?
I really don’t know?
- What are your hobbies asides reading?
Writing, photography, watching tv-series, teaching myself random stuff (right now I am learning all about astronomy and I love it!).
- What’s your favourite underrated book?
The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater (too underrated! Why doesn’t everybody love this series as much as I do?)
- What is a book that you don’t think deserves the hype?
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and also I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson.
- Favourite T.V Show?
THIS IS EVEN MORE IMPOSSIBLE! I can give you a top ten? Supernatural, Grimm, Wayward Pines (only season 1), Once Upon A Time, Doctor Who, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Flash, Supergirl, Class, Sherlock, okay I can’t even give you a top ten because I could go on.
(I watch too much tv. seriously.)
- One thing you’d like to see more of in books?
Diverse characters with realistic flaws and of course ace characters! We need more of them!
Happy valentine’s day!
(even though I quite dislike it… anyway, I hope you have a wonderful day!)
I’m really behind on all the tags and awards, so I’m not going to do all of them (forgive me), but I’m going to do some now and maybe a few in the future. I was tagged by Tanya from Scribbled Dreams for the Blogger Tag, so thank you Tanya! I was also nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by Abi from Happily Abi, which is real neat 😛 Thanks Abi!
Go check out their blogs because they’re both amazing bloggers and you should have them in your life. Tanya writes amazing stories, she’s so talented! Abi writes very inspirational posts AND she just started a youtube channel (isn’t that awesome!).
The Blogger Tag
Question 1: How tall are you?
1.67 m (ish)
Question 2: Do you have a hidden talent?
Binge watching series, no that’s not really hidden. Uhm, knitting then.
Question 3: What’s your biggest blog-related pet peeve?
No offense to anyone, but sometimes I get messages and I really don’t know how to respond and that is so annoying. That’s probably more my fault then theirs though.
Question 4: What’s your biggest non-related blog pet peeve?
Rudeness. I can’t stand it, even if you’re right, DON’T BE RUDE.
Question 5: What’s your favourite song?
HOW CAN YOU ASK ME THIS?! It’s even worse than asking for my favourite book. I guess, maybe, One Day by Kodaline?
Question 6: What’s your favourite social media website?
I choose two, weheartit.com (it’s not really social though) and twitter (but not always, because see question 4)
Question 7: What’s your favourite way to spend your time when you’re alone?
Reading, blogging, watching tv shows.
Question 8: Whats your favourite junk food?
Question 9: Do you have a pet or pet(s)? If so, what kind and what are their names?
I think they’re more my parents pets than mine, but they’re still a little bit mine. We’ve got a dog named Indy (from Indiana Jones), a cat named Puck (hah I came up with that one) and three goldfishes named Oskar, Renzo and Ariel (also names I came up with, with Oskar being of course my favourite book character ever).
Question 10: What are your number one favourite non-fiction and fiction books?
Fiction: Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (this is directly linked to my answer at 9)
Non-fiction: I really don’t know, I don’t read that much non-fiction, but I guess The Librarian of Auschwitz by Antonio Ithurbe broke my heart so I’m going to go with that one.
Question 11: What’s your favourite beauty product or tool?
… A brush? Shampoo? No wait, hair conditioner. Those are basically all the products I use..
Question 12: When were you last embarrassed? What happened?
I had a presentation and I kinda failed to say the word “multidisciplinary”. And thinking back, I really hate the person that put that word on the slide. It’s impossible to say when there are like 50 people staring at you!
Question 13: If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life what would it be?
Iced tea maybe? Or lemonade, because lemonade can have every taste! (there’s also iced tea lemonade 😛 )
Question 14: What’s your favorite movie?
The Imitation Game
Question 15: What was your favorite lesson at school?
Maths I guess, I was quite good at maths.
Question 16: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I don’t know where, but somewhere in a city, perhaps abroad, in my own apartment. I really don’t know where though.
Question 17: PC or Mac?
Question 18: Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend, spouse?
(Or any kind gesture from a friend)
Romantic gesture? Nope. Kind gesture, my friend saying that my presentation went quite well (WELL THAT’S OBVIOUSLY A LIE, I do appreciate it though)
Question 19: Favourite celebrity?
Question 20: What blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with?
EVERYONE (seriously every single one of you)
Question 21: Who is your biggest inspiration?
See question 19
Question 22: What is your favorite blog to read?
I can’t choose one, but I most definitely have a preference for some blogs over others. Usually the blogs by people I know better, I like better.
Question 23: What is your favorite high street shop?
What’s a high street shop? Is there also a thing called low street shops?
Question 24: Are you in education or do you work?
I’m a third year student.
Question 25: One thing you are proud of?
Getting to my third year in university without ever failing any class.
The Real Neat Blog Award
- What is your favorite movie and why?
I’ve got three but I’ll just pick one, The Imitation Game. It makes me angry and sad and happy and above all it makes me think. And of course Benedict Cumberbatch has the main part, so that’s a huge plus.
- What are the first five things that come to your mind right now?
Cookies, snow, homework, blogging, pink.
- What is something (or someone) that makes you happy?
Books of course, but a lot of small things can make me happy. What also makes me happy is when I accomplish something I didn’t think I could do!
- What is one thing that you learned about yourself last year?
I think I learned more about my sexuality and “how I work”, if that makes sense.
- Name one good thing that happened today.
I finished a book!
- How do you spend your long weekends?
Preferably reading and watching tv-shows
- Fill in the blank: I always ____.
Procrastinate? Look at the stars? Create? Read? Breathe?
Thank you for reading and have a wonderful evening!
Btw, does anyone watch Wayward Pines? I just started and damn this is awesome (and freaky and scary)!
I was nominated for two awards! So I’m just going to do them both in one post. Enjoy!
The Entertainment Blogger Award
I was nominated for the entertainment blogger award by Jamie from Book Pandamonium, so thanks a lot! We haven’t talked a lot yet, but I would love to get to know her better!
– Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
– Add these rules to your post.
– Answer all the questions below.
– Display the award picture in your post.
– Nominate 12 bloggers who are funny, inspiring and entertaining.
Why did you start a blog in the first place?
The short story is that I was bored and wanted a place to talk about books.
What is your favourite book?
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is hands down the best book I’ve ever read.
What do you dislike the most?
Rudeness and people being mean (especially if they are doing it specifically to hurt a person).
What is your favourite food item at the mall?
I never get food at the mall? We don’t really have food places at the mall. Some coffee bars and such but nothing fancy.
What is your favourite pastime?
Reading, blogging, writing, watching tv series, don’t make me choose!
The Mystery Blogger Award
I was nominated by Tiana from The Book Raven for the mystery blogger award, thank you! Go check out her blog because she is so sweet! And she also is going to contribute to my newest project 😀
Three things about me
- I’m currently in a love-hate relationship with Friends, but I keep watching.
- I have procrastinated doing part of my homework the entire winter break, but now I really need to do it and I don’t want to.
- Except for the fact that I need to catch up on homework before going to school, I quite look forward to going back to uni (this might have something to do with the fact that I can go back to my dorm and see my friends again).
1. What do you think about when you look at the stars?
I love staring at the stars! When I look at the stars, usually I think about how incredibly big the universe is and how incredibly special it is that we humans are alive. I also think about the possibility of how somewhere in the universe there is someone or something looking at those same stars and thinking the same thing.
2. What person in your life lead you along the reading path and inspired you to read books?
I think I did that myself. I don’t really have someone in my life that urged me to read books. Although my parents always went to the library with me so, that might have helped.
3. What is your favorite part of being a blogger? What kind of posts do you love to write the most?
What I love most is reading other people’s comments, especially when I wrote a very personal post. My favourite post to write… I really don’t know, but I think it will be the posts for my new project!
4. If you could say anything to yourself when you were 8 years old, what would you say? What advice would you give?
It’s going to be better. You’ll get through this.
5. If you could transform into any creature you wanted to mythic, animal, or your own unique creature, which would it be and why?
Could I change back and forth? Because then I would love to be able to turn into some kind of bird.
I’m not going to include a link to my best post, because I simply don’t know what my favourite/best post is.
I was nominated by Sarah from Little Reader for the Mystery Blogger Award! Thank you Sarah!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog!
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.–> I don’t know who this is sorry.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
You have to nominate 10-20 people. Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify). Share your link to your best post(s).
I’m going to completely ignore most of the rules, I’m such a rebel 😛
3 facts about me
- I used to keep an excel file of all the books I own and keep track of which I read and which I didn’t but I’ve lost track.
- I love that little swirly thing at the bottom of the Q, especially when it makes a wave, like in the Red Queen title on the cover.
- I’m really bad at thinking of facts about me at this moment.
- What’s your favourite winter drink?
- What’s your favourite thing about Christmas?
I always go with my family to Amsterdam for a few days to visit museums and do shopping and visit the light festival. And then we would celebrate my grandpa’s birthday and Christmas eve together, and then we would go home on Christmas morning. That’s so lovely! Sadly we’re not going this year.
- What is you biggest pet peeve?
In books or in real life? In books, I think it is mean characters, or just really bland characters. In real life, it is people who don’t wait for other people to get out of the train before they go in. It’s just so rude!
- What is something you’re really passionate about?
Blogging, books, psychology, somewhat passionate about photography
- WEIRD: I’m going to use Sammi’s idea here because I love this.. “House on Fire” idea from cate from @midnightbiblioblog
You have four options! One gets to jump out the window, One is able to get out the door, One gets to go to bed next door with you, and one has to burn in the fire…
Your boys are The Vampire Diary boys: Damon Salvatore, Jeremy Gilbert, Stefan Salvatore and Tyler Lockwood.
I’m just going to be very superficial and judge them based on their looks because I have never watched The Vampire Diaries nor have I read the books (Are these the names of the actors or the characters?) Also I’m assuming that the names and pictures are in the same order.
Stefan gets to burn, because he looks like the type of boy that seduces you with cute puppies and then replaces you by a prettier girl (and doesn’t let you keep the puppies!).
Damon gets to jump out of the window, because he looks like a supermodel who feels too good for you (and also too good for a new haircut).
Tyler gets to walk out of the door, because he seems like a nice person.
Jeremy doesn’t get my bed! Oh wait there’s a fire, so we’re sleeping next door? Why are all these guys in my house during a fire? Anyway, he can sleep on the couch. He’s cute, but he also looks like he was supposed to be cast in Teen Wolf but he didn’t get the part, so he took the next part he could think of.
Thank you for reading and what would you have picked at that last question? Did I do a good job letting Stefan burn and Damon jump?