The end of the year is creeping up on me and I am not liking it *panics* I am not ready for 2017 to be over… Can it be 2017 for a few more months, please? In 2018 I’m going to graduate (hopefully) and leave all my friends behind and start my master’s degree in a different city and basically, my life’s gonna be thrown upside down and it’s scary!
Anyway, let’s stop panicking and instead talk about my plans for the rest of this year. This tag is originally created by Ariel Bisset on youtube, and I was tagged by the wonderful Theo from Reading & Rambling! Thank you, Theo ❤
Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?
Hahaha *cries* Little Women by Louise May Alcott. I started this in August and I’m still stuck somewhere halfway. I don’t even know what happened, I just stopped reading and never felt like picking it up again.
Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?
I don’t even know what an “autumnal book” is even supposed to be. A creepy Halloween book? I don’t read thrillers or horror books…
Is there a new release you’re still waiting for?
Yes! I’m still waiting on All The Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater (my pre-order has shipped, yay!), All The Ways to Here by Emily O’Beirne (I have been promised an e-ARC :D) and Empress of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao!
What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?
I just NEED to get to Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (I can’t believe I’ve had it for a month and haven’t read it yet), Our Dark Duet by V.E. Schwab (same here. Why haven’t I picked it up yet???) and The Long Way to A Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers (I’m afraid Amelie will get angry if I don’t read it :P).
Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favourite book of the year?
Beside Our Dark Duet and The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet as mentioned above, I have high hopes for: What’s A Girl Gotta Do? by Holly Bourne and At The Edge of the Universe by Shaun David Hutchinson. I read two of Holly Bourne’s books and absolutely loved them, I adored the two first books in the Spinsters series and I LOVE LOTTIE so I don’t think anything can keep me from loving this book. I also have high hopes for At The Edge of the Universe because I loved We Are The Ants and Shaun David Hutchinson has such amazing stories!
Have you already started making reading plans for 2018?
No, first I have to survive 2017 & write my thesis, then I’ll see. I don’t even have planned what I’m going to read tomorrow, how could I plan so many months ahead? I do have some 2018 releases I’m anticipating, so maybe that counts?
A quick list:
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody – Magic, casino’s, mafia.. I want it.
- Summer Bird Blue by Akemi Dawn Bowman – UHM HELLO, it’s the brilliant author of Starfish. I NEED THIS BOOK ASAP. No pressure, Akemi.
- The Apocalypse of Elena Mendoza by Shaun David Hutchinson – Shaun David Hutchinson just comes up with the craziest most amazing ideas and I love it.
- Hate, Love & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed – About a teen girl battling islamophobia, I’m all up for this!
- A Girl Like That by Tanaz Bhathena – a) this cover is so pretty, b) it sounds absolutely amazing.
- Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston – Ashley Poston comes out with a sci-fi book and I’m already in love with it!